Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving


Kevin and his brothers, Dave and Mike.

Well, a could list a few thousand things that I am thankful for... but who wants to read that blog?  In order to simplify (and not put everyone to sleep) I will just list two.  First and foremost, I am thankful for my Heavenly Father... who has blessed me so much.  Secondly, I am thankful for my husband and his family.  I am grateful that I have spent every Thanksgiving with them for the last nine years.  As you can see, every year the feast gets bigger and better. This year, Mike cooked over forty pounds of turkey, ham and prime rib roast.  Mike - hats off to you!  Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!  
There's nothing like spending Thanksgiving in Huntington Beach.  Okay... I have to add a third.  I am thankful that my husband is smart enough not to go surfing - after the first rains of the season have washed everything from the gutters into the ocean.  Even if the surf was good.  You're such a great man, I am lucky that I married you.      

2 comments:

Erin Thompson said...

Good times! Looks like you guys had a feast. And what is this about not surfing on Thanksgiving? Isn't that a tradition, despite the possibilities of Hepatitis???
Geesh...

Allen Family said...

Can I say YUM! Sounds like you guys had a fun Thanksgiving!
Now, I don't know about that ocean being all that clean, but thank goodness Kevin did not surf after the rain! YUCK!!! You never know what washes into the water, and I am sure we don't want to know either.
~Kelly