Monday, December 8, 2008

It's beginning to look like Christmas


Will, Bonnie, Kevin & Ryan at tree lighting ceremony.

This year's Christmas celebration as gotten off to a great start.  Saturday morning, I went to a Relief Society Brunch.  The center piece at every table was a manger.  There were six women in the ward that were asked to read brief descriptions of life and events of women that lived during the time of Christ.  The presidency then gave everyone a tile with the following saying, "Are you part of the INN crowd or one of the STABLE few?"   We ended the brunch with a slideshow of pictures of Christ with Christmas music.  It was perfect.  I wish I had some pictures to post.
Then on Sunday evening, Kevin & I took our children, some friends and some extended family to the annual community tree lighting ceremony.  (The tree looks pretty small in the pictures.  However, it was a fourteen foot tree.  We were just pretty far away.)  Then everyone returned to our house for dinner and a great dessert... thanks to Shannon's mom.
It is delightful to spend time and celebrate with friends and family this time of year!  I look forward to seeing more family & friends... that will be coming into town during the next few weeks... or at least seeing their Christmas cards. (Lizzy - my mom can't stop talking about how cute yours is!)  
Anyway, from our house to yours, "We wish you a Merry Christmas!"

  

1 comment:

Pam said...

What a great activity. I will have to tell our Enrichment gal about it. It sure beats our progressive dinner that took so much work to pull off.