Ryan licking icicles.
Brock & Will climbing hill to sled under tree loop.
Dad & Mom braving a blizzard to talk to Mark.
After our feast, we went through all the linen closets and found towels to make the nativity costumes with. All of the children looked so funny. It was cute. I was trying to direct them, so I do not have any pictures... good thing Erin did. (I love having a photographer as a sister). After some hot chocolate and games... we sent the children to bed. Then, Santa's helpers got busy.
Christmas morning was exciting. The usual - children open presents, children are happy, children go play - adults pickup an excessive about of wrapping paper, tissue, and break down boxes. The best part came a few hours later, after lunch. When William made an observation out loud. He said (dead serious), "I think that Nate got the most presents. But that doesn't make sense, because he is the naughtiest kid". I think that everyone in the room was dying with laughter. His cousin, Nate does get into a little bit of trouble, but the best part was that Will was not complaining about it. He said it very matter-of-fact, like he was a reporter. Like he was auditing Santa's work.
Later that day, we did some sledding and then we headed down to the lake. The clearing of the trees apparently provided better cell phone coverage. We all got a chance to talk to my brother Mark. He is currently living in Vermont serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He was getting a good laugh, reminding us that a 26 degree sleet-storm was not that bad. (His current all time low is NEGATIVE 25 degrees.) I can't wait to send him this picture of my parents braving the elements to get the chance to talk to him on Christmas Day.
To remind him of just how much we love him.
2 comments:
That comment by Will was the funniest ever. I hope he never decides to comment on my bum size because he might be a little too honest....
What? Nate, my sweet Nate...my precious boy that can do no wrong! Well it was a really fun time, thanks for this post, what a great reminder of the fun we had!
Post a Comment