Thursday, January 22, 2009

New Year's at Nana's


This was something new for 2009... Kevin with a mohawk.  On New Year's Eve, Kevin asked me to cut his hair.  Kevin's sister, Pam said that I should give him a mohawk.  It was more of a faux-hawk... but it was funny.  Kevin was a great sport about it.  But, it only lasted about 36 hours before I had to cut the rest for a more professional, clean-cut (kevin) look.  So, it's a good thing I got a couple of pictures.  I am sure he's going to be thrilled that I am posting these on the www.  
We were at Kevin's parents house for New Years.  Kevin & I offered to let the kids stay up until midnight... if they would take a nap.  So, we all laid down at 3:00p.m. and woke up at 7:00p.m.  It felt great to have a nap... I think this will become a great family tradition.  Then, it was on to games galore:  Speed Scrabble (Take Two),  Wits and Wagers, Boggle, Blokus, Monopoly (Electronic Banking Edition), Apples to Apples, Ticket to Ride, TransAmerica, Word Pirates, Zingo, Cherry O', and more.  Then the PS2 was busy with Lego Batman, Lego Star Wars, Lego Indiana Jones and of course SING STAR.  Pam (Kevin's sister) and I, totally get into it.  We have some hilarious video of us singing Whitney Houston and making up lyrics.  Just thinking about 80's music makes me LOL.  

3 comments:

Allen Family said...

Oh my gosh I totally love Sing Star. I have like four different ones. It has become our family favorite. We have got to get together and sing star it up.

Kevin said...

Yeah, Kevin here. I took me a month to know that my nonhawk made it onto the web. Good call bonnie. New years was a lot of fun and I think the kids may still kind of respect me after my funky doo (sp?). Happy 2009 y'all!

Pam said...

Good times for sure! Now get your buns out here to AZ again so we can play more SingStar and swim!

And Kevin, your Mohawk was so cute, and slightly white trashish....