Friday, August 29, 2008

I will go and do, my talk!



Last week Ryan was asked to give a talk about baptism at church.  Being Bonnie - I completely forgot about it.  So an hour before church began, Kevin sits down and types as Ryan dictates her whole talk to him.  Kevin put some images into the document to prompt her when to change the pictures she was holding.  
She read over it once while I was trying to curl under the ends of her hair, which was in pony tails. Unfortunately, we bumped into each other and Ryan got a bad burn on her shoulder.  (First time in over a year that she gave me permission to curl her hair... and now it will be at least another year before she'll let me again).  I seriously felt bad.  I have never burned myself that bad.  It looked very painful.  Ryan took it like a trooper.  We put on the magic spray (Dermoblast), threw on the band aid and made a mad dash to the church building.  
After the sacrament was passed, Ryan asked us if she needed to go up the front and sit down.  We were puzzled for a minute.  Then we realized - she was planning on giving the talk to the whole congregation.  (Moment of stunned silence).  Then we clarified that she would be speaking during Sharing Time in Primary, she just shrugged and said okay.
She was totally ready to give the talk, by herself in front of the entire congregation during the Sacrament Meeting.  How cool is that?  I know grown men who dodge the Bishopric in the halls, and screen phone calls... trying to avoid being asked to give a talk.  And she was willing to do it... with only an hours notice.
During Primary, she stood in front all by herself, and read the entire talk... not missing a single beat.  You ROCK Ryan!
 

No comments: