Friday, November 21, 2008

This is Halloween!

Our jack-o-latern masterpiece

Reagan, Mrs. Richards, and Ryan at Fall Festival

Kiele, Cara, Janelle, Kathryn, Olivia & Will at Pre-School Halloween Party

We had a great Halloween!
(minus this song) 
My husband loves just about every kind of music... and likes to have it on most of the time.  For the most part I do not mind.  Occasionally... it drives me crazy.  Like, when he is losing his patience waiting for me to be ready to go.  Then when we get in the car - no matter how LATE we are - or- how SHORT of a distance to our destination - he will spend five minutes putting in some tunes.  Seriously, we used to live across the street from the grocery store... and he would still search for some tunes before driving out of the parking lot and crossing the street.

This year he updated Ryan and Will's MP3 players - and the song from the Nightmare Before Christmas "THIS IS HALLOWEEN" is now sung around the house constantly!  I never thought that I would say this BEFORE Thanksgiving - but bring on the Christmas Carols - I'm tired of the one Halloween song that is stuck in my head.

But, we are still loving the fruits of our labor (trick or treating).  We collected candy at five different events this year.  We gorged until our dental cleaning appointments mid November.  I promised Uncle Mark who is on his mission in New Hampshire that I would ship him the rest.  Just what every missionary needs - a serious sugar high!  
 

4 comments:

Kevin said...

Kevin here. 5 minutes to find a tune? What time did you make it to Sacrament meeting this morning? 5 minutes late, or FOREVER late? Fortunately, you have a kazilion other wonderful attributes to make up for deficient punctuality...

Love ya, babe.
K

Lizzy said...

so gald to see a new post. Love the pics & the tunes!!!

Brian and Lindsay Holmstrom said...

Cutes pictures, keep them coming almost 2 months is way too long to wait for another blog from you! Thank you for the comment, that makes me feel a little better. If a can survive the gallstones I can survive anything! haha

Erin Thompson said...

You are sooooo busted!